Chatham House is seeking an Assistant Project Director to provide the Project Director, US, with strategic, substantive and managerial support and to contribute to building and nurturing relationships with sponsors, collaborators and consultants. The Assistant Project Director will also be encouraged to conduct research and produce published output in line with the US’s research strategy.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who is highly motivated and keen to form an integral part of a team. They will have:
- A post-graduate degree in politics, economics or related disciplines
- Proven professional interest in the domestic or foreign policy of the US
- Minimum of 5 years project management experience at a strategic level, ideally in a political research or NGO environment
- Excellent and demonstrable writing and communication skills
- Proven fundraising experience with experience in negotiating, writing, project managing and pitching proposals
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
This is a one-year contract and is based in London.
Salary range: £35,000-£40,000 per annum
Closing date: 22 April 2014
Interview date: 7 May 2014
To apply for this job, please email Rhona Moir at email@example.com your CV and cover letter, together with the following:
- Two short writing samples, one of which should be an approximately 700-800 word brief on a US foreign policy issue.
- Contact details for two referees.