The Europe Programme and the Director's Office at Chatham House are looking for a well-organized and reliable individual with a demonstrated interest in international affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated events management and research experience
- Good IT skills, including database research and maintenance
- Knowledge of computer programmes, particularly Excel and Powerpoint
The placement will be for a period of three months, starting in June 2013. The post could be full- or part-time, ideally over four days a week. Please state your availability in your covering letter.
This position is unpaid. The successful applicant would have access to almost all relevant meetings and conferences within Chatham House on a variety of international affairs related topics, free lunch and free use of the Library. Travel to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be covered.
If shortlisted, applicants should expect to come for a short interview at Chatham House on 3 or 4 June.
To apply, please send a CV, a covering letter and the names of two referees to Thomas Raines and Jonathan Knight: firstname.lastname@example.org