The Press Office and Online team are seeking a motivated and well-organized intern with a demonstrable knowledge of, and interest in, media and international affairs.
The successful applicant will be an integral part of a small team and will be able to gain valuable experience across the team's work, including dealing with the media and social media, assisting with events, updates to the website and general office duties.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Interest in and some knowledge of UK and international media
- Good telephone manner
- Knowledge of UK political system and international affairs
- Degree level qualification in a related area of study eg. international relations, politics
- Experience of working with media, including online media (desirable)
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent administrative skills
The placement is for three months. We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible.
The position is unpaid, but the successful candidate will have access to a wide range of Chatham House events and activities, and access to the Chatham House library. Travel expenses (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed and lunch will be provided in the staff canteen.
Please send a CV, a covering letter and the names of two referees to Nicola Norton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates should be available to attend an informal interview at Chatham House.
Closing date: 10 March, 10:00am