Paul van den Noord has been with Autonomy Capital, an asset management company in London, since summer 2013 and joined Chatham House as an associate fellow in January 2014. Prior to his move to London, he spent most of his career at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) in Paris, most recently as a counsellor to the chief economist. From 2007 to 2010, he was seconded as an economic advisor to the European Commission in Brussels. He has published widely in the fields of fiscal and monetary policy, the political economy of reform and European economic and monetary union. His publications include Economic Crisis in Europe: Causes, Consequences and Responses (Routledge, 2011) and numerous articles in academic journals. He holds a PhD in macroeconomics from The University of Amsterdam.
- Political Economy
- International Economics
- Fiscal Policy Analysis
- Housing Markets
- Monetary Union in Europe
|Economist, Autonomy Capital, London|
|2010-13||Counsellor to the Chief Economist, OECD, Paris|
Adviser, European Commission, DG Ecfin, Brussels
|1989-2007||Economist/Senior Economist, OECD, Economics Department, Paris|
|1979-89||Lecturer and Research Fellow, University of Amsterdam|
- English (broadcast standard), French (broadcast standard), Dutch (broadcast standard)
- Paola Subacchi and Paul van den Noord (2012), Grappling with Global Imbalances; When Does International Cooperation Pay?, Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Vol. 28 (2012), Issue 3, pp. 444-468.
- Pier Carlo Padoan, Urban Sila and Paul van den Noord (2012), Avoiding Debt Traps: Fiscal Consolidation, Financial Backstops and Structural Reforms, OECD Economic Studies, Vol. 2012, Autumn issue, pp.151-171.
- Ralph Setzer, Paul van den Noord and Guntram B. Wolff (2011), Heterogeneity in Money Holdings Across Euro Area Countries: the Role of Housing, European Journal of Political Economy, Vol. 27 (2011), pp. 764-780.
- Paul van den Noord and István Székely (Eds.) (2011), Economic Crisis in Europe: Causes, Consequences and Responses, Routledge, Oxford.
- Marco Buti, Alessandro Turrini, Paul van den Noord, and Pietro Biroli (2010), Reforms and Re-elections in OECD Countries, Economic Policy, Vol. 25 (2010), Issue 61, pp. 63-116.