This project on the future dynamics in the Gulf has developed an open and expanding network of young regional researchers and commentators to generate fresh thinking on policy, focusing on ways to manage political and economic changes with a minimum of conflict.
Key research themes include:
- How economic changes are altering the traditional social contract
- Links between political and economic reform
- Citizenship and political participation
- National and transnational identities and Islamisms
- The Gulf role in regional conflicts and aid
- Drivers and possible remedies for tensions with Iran
- Emerging security challenges.
Please note this project was previously named Future Trends in the GCC.