The International Security Department seeks support from organizations which recognize the importance of independent and rigorously objective policy-focused research which will increase awareness among policy-makers, practitioners, academics, and the wider public about the diverse threats and challenges faced in the field of international security.
The department funds its activities through a combination of sponsorship, corporate or project specific grants, or donations to our event and publications series.
All research programmes and staff adhere to the Chatham House Principles for Independent Research and Convening. For further information on Chatham House’s overall funding, please visit the Our Funding pages.
The International Security Department would like to thank the following organisations for their current support of our work:
- British Army
- Cabinet Office
- Department for International Development, UK
- Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Ireland
- European Commission
- European Parliament
- Federal Department of Foreign Affairs, Switzerland
- Foreign and Commonwealth Office, UK
- John D and Catherine T MacArthur Foundation
- Lloyds of London
- Ministry of Defence, UK
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Norway
- Routledge, Taylor and Francis
- Sasakawa Peace Foundation
For more information on any aspect of our work, please contact Hannah Bryce, Assistant Head, International Security Department