Fourth Meeting of the New Petroleum Producers Discussion Group
This event will comprise a training day and a private roundtable facilitating dialogue between the main stakeholders of Kenya’s petroleum sector together with participants from other emerging producer countries.
The main aims of the session will be to share ideas and experiences around the development of a strategic vision for the petroleum sector, and to support communication and alignment between the national and county levels as well as with communities. Topics that will be discussed include:
- Recognizing the importance of having a strategic vision for the petroleum sector and clarifying how to go about developing it;
- Defining an appropriate National Oil Company mandate for an evolving market and resource base;
- Adapting policy objectives to a low oil price environment;
- Better understanding public expectations regarding the oil sector;
- Identifying lessons learned in managing multiple or competing levels of government;
- Adapting communication for effective engagement between the different levels of government and local leaders (national, county, local elders).
This three-day event is co-organized by the National Oil Corporation of Kenya, Chatham House, the Commonwealth Secretariat, and the Natural Resource Governance Institute (NRGI).
Attendance at this event is by invitation only.