The Chad Cameroon oil and pipeline project: A non completion report
- Korinna Horta - Senior Economist, Environmental Defense, Washington, DC
- Samuel Nguiffo - Director, Center for Environment and Development, Yaoundé
- Delphine Djiraibe - President, Chadian Association for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights, Ndjamena
- HE Mr Abbass M Tolli, Finance Minister, The Republic of Chad
- Marie-Francoise Marie-Nelly, Senior Program Manager, Chad-Cameroon pipeline project, World Bank
- Alex Vines - Head, Africa Programme, Chatham House
The Chad-Cameroon pipeline, inaugurated in 2003 was to be a flagship project in partnership with the World Bank to demonstrate how oil money could be harnessed for developmental goals. A World Bank Implementation Completion Report of December 2006 rated the outcome as satisfactory. The speakers have written a report arguing that the project has been far from satisfactory, and will explain their reasoning.