The Media and the Middle East
Chatham House and Associated Press Television News are hosting a debate to launch a Middle East Forum.
The speakers will discuss the relationship between the Western and regional media and the Middle East. Issues to be examined include:
- The impact of the new Arab media including Al-Jazeera;
- The problems and pressures faced by the Western media in covering the Middle East;
- The effect of media coverage of the Middle East on public perceptions in the region and in the West;
- The relationship between media coverage of the Middle East and government policy;
- and the interaction between truth, power and the media.