Illegal Logging Update and Stakeholder Consultation Number 15
Opening address: Hilary Benn MP, UK Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Hilary Benn MP, UK Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs, will open the fifteenth in the series of illegal logging update meetings.
The agenda will feature:
- Updates on the FLEGT initiative, including progress with the voluntary partnership agreement negotiations and the draft 'due diligence' regulation, and on the REDD discussions in the climate change regime.
- Latest developments in public procurement policies.
- The development of systems of indicators of progress in dealing with illegal logging, forest governance and transparency.
- Sessions on sustainable forest management; Brazil; US free trade agreements and illegal logging; and latest research updates.
- The full agenda is available below.
All the presentations from this meeting will be posted on the illegal logging website shortly after the meeting, to be followed by a full report of the discussions.
Project information on Illegal Logging