The UK in the Global Economy: Achieving New Vigour
The speakers will consider the dual impact of global growth opportunities and domestic fiscal austerity on the UK's economy and international influence. They will outline key scenarios for the future and argue that a vision of longer-term growth should be set alongside the tough programme of short-term deficit reduction to ensure that the UK can sustain its economic vigour and its position as one of the world's most influential economies. They will explore:
- how fiscal austerity can be balanced by long-term vision
- how the UK can best continue to attract FDI, talented people and global business
- how the UK can sustain a strong position in a world in which the rising powers appear to be eclipsing all the advanced economies
- the impact of the crisis in the Eurozone
- the importance of policy flexibility in response to an uncertain world
Please note attendance at this event is for MPs and Peers only.