Is a Two-Speed Europe Sustainable in the Long-term?
Stephen King, Group Chief Economist, HSBC Bank Plc
John Jungclaussen, London Correspondent, Die Zeit
Paola Subacchi, Research Director, International Economics, Chatham House
Petros Fassoulas, European Movement UK
Chair: Stephanie Flanders, Economics Editor, BBC
- What is the legacy of the eurozone sovereign debt crisis and which countries are forecast to rebound?
- Are the current strains between the weaker and stronger eurozone economies sustainable in the long-term?
- Will the crisis be used to achieve long-standing market reforms where they are needed, particularly in the southern EU states?
- What kind of arrangements for the euro will Germany want and what will the EU accept?
- How will a two-speed Europe affect the UK's interests and role in the EU?