Christopher is a senior fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School's Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government. He is joining us after six years in the Obama administration as a senior policymaker for international economic affairs. As special assistant to the president at the National Economic Council and the National Security Council, he was principal advisor on trade, investment and a wide range of global economic issues.
From 2009-13, he was deputy assistant secretary of treasury, where he led the response to the European financial crisis and designed US engagement on financial policy across Europe, Russia and Central Asia. Before entering government, Christopher was director of international investments and managed emerging markets funds at Pioneer Investments in Boston. Following the collapse of the Soviet Union, he worked in Moscow, advising Russian government agencies on economic policy and financial market reform.
Christopher has a BA in History from Yale University and a PhD in International Relations from Columbia University.
- Global economics and investment
- International finance and banking
- Transatlantic and Pacific trade
- Russia and European Union
- US politics
Senior Fellow, Center for Business and Government & Resident Fellow, Institute of Politics, Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University
Special Assistant to the President; Senior Director for International Economics, Trade & Investment, Executive Office of the President, The White House
Deputy Assistant Secretary for Europe & Eurasia, US Department of Treasury, Washington, DC
|1995-2009||Director of International Investments, Boston and Moscow, Pioneer Investments|
|1992||PhD International Relations, Columbia University|
|1982||BA History, Yale University|
- America's International Role Under Donald Trump Chatham House Report with Xenia Wickett, Jacob Parakilas, Julianne Smith et al, January 2017
- US Election Note: Economic Policy After 2016 Chatham House Research Paper, 27 June 2016
- Infrastructure Investment’s Missing Link Project Syndicate, 9 September 2016
- What Putin sees in Trump Project Syndicate, 4 August 2016
- https:[email protected]