Robin Niblett became the director of Chatham House in January 2007.
Before joining Chatham House, between 2001 and 2006, he was the executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS).
During his last two years at CSIS, he also served as director of the CSIS Europe Program and its Initiative for a Renewed Transatlantic Partnership.
He is a frequent panellist at conferences and events around the world and has testified on a number of occasions to the House of Commons Defence Select Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee, as well as US Senate and House of Representatives Committees on European Affairs.
He received his BA, MPhil and DPhil from New College, Oxford.
- US politics and foreign policy
- UK foreign policy
- European political and economic security
- Commentary on all key developments in international affairs
|2007 -||Director, Chatham House|
|2001 - 2006||Executive Vice President, CSIS (Center for Strategic and International Studies), Washington|
|2004 - 2006||Director, Europe Program and Initiative for a Renewed Transatlantic Partnership, CSIS, Washington|
|1997 - 2001||Director, then Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning, CSIS, Washington|
|1992 - 1997||CSIS, Representative, European Representative, CSIS, London|
|1988 - 1992||Research Associate, Political-Military Studies Program, CSIS, Washington|
- The National Security Strategy Third Review Parliamentary Evidence
- Britain must engage with a multi-tier EU The World Today
- The Chatham House-YouGov Survey 2012 Chatham House Report
- The Future of the European Union: UK Government Policy Evidence to Parliament
- G20: Beyond Los Cabos First Magazine Article
- The Economic Crisis and the Emerging Powers: Towards a New International Order? Essay
- Time to build bridges over the Mediterranean The World Today
- The Chatham House-YouGov Survey 2011 British Attitudes Towards the UK's International Priorities
- Playing to its Strengths: Rethinking the UK's Role in a Changing World Chatham House Briefing
- Introduction to America and a Changed World: A Question of Leadership Chapter from America and a Changed World: A Question of Leadership
- Rebalancing in the Global Economy Undermines International Stability 15 February 2016
- What Are the Big Challenges Facing Europe? 04 January 2016
- Paris Attacks Come at a Dangerous Moment for Europe 14 November 2015
- Britain Needs to Rethink Its Circles of Influence 26 October 2015
- What Next for the EU? 04 August 2015
- UK Foreign Policy: Not Going AWOL 05 May 2015
- Britain’s Uncertain European Future 05 May 2015
- Five Challenges to UK Foreign Policy 29 April 2015
- What Brought Putin to the Table, and How to Keep Him There 13 February 2015
- In Britain, NATO has Popular Support to Reverse Decline 04 September 2014