Robin Niblett became the director of Chatham House in January 2007.
Before joining Chatham House, between 2001 and 2006, he was the executive vice president and chief operating officer of the Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS).
During his last two years at CSIS, he also served as director of the CSIS Europe Program and its Initiative for a Renewed Transatlantic Partnership.
He is a frequent panellist at conferences and events around the world and has testified on a number of occasions to the House of Commons Defence Select Committee and Foreign Affairs Committee, as well as US Senate and House of Representatives Committees on European Affairs.
He received his BA, MPhil and DPhil from New College, Oxford.
- Fragility in Europe is on the rise, and we’re not doing enough to respond World Economic Forum, 13 January 2017
- ‘Liberalism is in Retreat’ Foreign Affairs, January/February 2017
- ‘Europe is now Britain’s essential relationship’ The World Today, December 2016/January 2017
- ‘Preparing for the UK's Brexit Negotiation’ The World Today, August/September 2016
- US politics and foreign policy
- UK foreign policy
- European political and economic security
- Commentary on all key developments in international affairs
|2007 -||Director, Chatham House|
|2001 - 2006||Executive Vice President, CSIS (Center for Strategic and International Studies), Washington|
|2004 - 2006||Director, Europe Program and Initiative for a Renewed Transatlantic Partnership, CSIS, Washington|
|1997 - 2001||Director, then Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning, CSIS, Washington|
|1992 - 1997||CSIS, Representative, European Representative, CSIS, London|
|1988 - 1992||Research Associate, Political-Military Studies Program, CSIS, Washington|
- US Foreign Policy Off-Balance 25 September 2013
- A Serious Blow to the UK-US Alliance 30 August 2013
- A First Test of the UK's Competitiveness Agenda for Europe 08 March 2013
- Britain's EU Future: A Dangerous Period of Uncertainty 24 January 2013
- UK Needs to Beware the US 'Work Around' 10 January 2013
- Challenges for Global Governance in 2013 08 January 2013
- A Tough Second Term for Obama on Foreign Policy 07 November 2012
- BAE-EADS Merger: A Tough Call Ahead 23 September 2012
- Uncertainties over the UK's Referendum Debate 01 July 2012
- Next Steps for the UK and the EU 22 December 2011