Yuanfang Li was an Academy fellow with the International Economics Department. She is assistant research fellow in the International Finance Department of the Institute of World Economics and Politics at the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, an adviser for Ali-Research, the research arm of the Alibaba Group, and an adviser to the International Department of the Ministry of Finance of China. Prior to this, she was a research fellow with the China Macroeconomic Research Center at the National School of Development, Peking University.
She specializes in China’s macroeconomy, global imbalances and the RMB exchange rate and internationalization. Widely published, Yuanfang has written on a number of topics including the monetary policy challenges facing recovering advanced economies, appropriate levels of public debts for advanced economies, and the effects of unconventional economic policy. The fellowship will see Yuanfang explore cross-border capital flows and monetary policy tools in China, monetary policy in balance sheet adjustment, and assessment of the cyclical or structural progress of the current global rebalancing.
- China macroeconomy
- Global imbalances
- RMB exchange rate and RMB internationalization
|2015||Academy Fellow, International Economics, Chatham House|
|2013-present||Assistant Research Fellow, International Finance Dept., Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences|
|2011-present||Adviser, Ali-Research, Alibaba Group|
|2011-present||Adviser, International Department, Ministry of Finance of China|
|2010-12||Research Fellow, China Macroeconomic Research Center, National School of Development, Peking University|
- Chinese, English (broadcast standard)
- 'The Efficacy and Challenges of Monetary Policy During Prolonged Recovery of Major Advanced Economies', forthcoming in 2015 World Economy Analysis and Forecast 2015, Beijing: Social Sciences Academic Press.
- 'Appropriate Level for Public Debt in the Advanced Economies: Disputes and Messages', International Economic Review (Guoji Jingji Pinglun), 2014, No.5.
- 'Unconventional Monetary Policy and Its Exit: Effects and Spillovers', Financial Development Review (Jinrong Fazhan Pinglun), 2014, No.3.
- 'Progress and Outlook of Global Rebalancing', in Report on Development of China’s Outward Investment and Economic Cooperation, Ministry of Commerce, Dec. 2013.
- 'Deflation Risks Unlikely to Recede in Euro Area', Caijing Magazine, 2013, No. 35.
- 'Paradox of Stability and Equilibrium: New Challenges Posed for RMB Exchange Rate Regime', Caijing Magazine, 2013, No. 13.
- 'A Quantitative Assessment of Global Rebalancing Progress', Research Center of International Finance Disscussion Note No. 2013D01, 2013. Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences.
- 'The Economic Dilemmas in Developed Economies from the Balance-sheet Perspective', Theoretical Front In Higher Education, 2012, No.5.
- 'Background and Prospects for the BRICS Cooperation', International Politics Quarterly (Guoji Zhengzhi Yanjiu), 2011, 32(2): 1-21. (with Feng Lu, Yewei Yang)
- 'Undercurrents beneath the Commodity Price Volitility', FTChinese.com, 31 Mar 2011
- 'The Chinese vs US Drama of Quantitative Monetary Policies', FTChinese.com, 25 Nov 2010.
- 'Is "Overcapacity" the Real Problem?', Southern Metropolis Daily, 20 Mar 2010.
- 'The China Factor in Recent Commodity Price and Shipping Freight Volatilities'. China Economic Journal, 2009, 2(3): 351-377. (with Feng Lu)
- 'Agricultural Price Reforms in China: Experience from the Past Three Decades', Agroalimentaria, 2008, 14(2): 13-23. (with Dennis T. Yang)