Evangelos Liaras was an Academy senior fellow with the Centre on Global Health Security. He previously worked for the CEPC (Centro de Estudios Políticos y Constitucionales) in Madrid and the OSCE mission in Sarajevo. He has taught at the IE Business School in Spain and at Koç University and Boğaziçi University in Turkey. He received his BA in history from Harvard University and his MS and PhD in political science from MIT.
- Comparative politics
- International relations
- European politics
- Ethnicity and minorities
- Electoral politics
|2015||Academy Senior Fellow, Centre on Global Health Security, Chatham House|
|2014 -||Associate Professor, Instituto de Empresa|
|2012-15||Garcia Pelayo Fellow, CEPC|
|2011-12||Davis Post-doctoral Fellow, IERES, George Washington University|
Extensive (TV, radio)
- Broadcast standard: English, Greek, Spanish
- Not for broadcast, but fluent: French, Turkish
- 'The Settler Dimension of the Sri Lankan Conflict' (upcoming in volume edited by Oded Haklai and Neophytos Loizides with Stanford University Press)
- 'Análisis de la sentencia del Tribunal Electoral del Poder Judicial de la Federación sobre gastos excesivos en la campaña electoral y aportaciones de empresas mexicanas de carácter mercantil' in La elección presidencial en México 2012. México, D.F.: Tirant Lo Blanch, 2015.
- 'Turkey’s New Kurdish Opening: Religious vs. Secular Values' (with Murat Somer) Middle East Policy, Vol. 17, No. 2 (Summer 2010): 152-165