An internationally recognised environmental lawyer, climate change and development policy expert, Farhana has advised leaders and countries for 20 years.
In addition to founding Track 0 she is an associate fellow at Chatham House, a visiting professor at University College London and a member of the Global Agenda Council on Climate Change at the World Economic Forum.
She has published numerous books and articles on the nexus of climate change and development and served as an adviser to the European Commission on emissions trading directive from 1998-2002, later serving as special adviser to Connie Hedegaard, EU commissioner for climate action.
From 2010-12 she oversaw the Children’s Investment Fund Foundation investments and continues to provide research and strategy development for a number of foundations.
She is lead author for three assessment reports for the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on adaptation and mitigation issues.
She continues to provide legal, strategy and policy advice to NGOs, foundations and developing nations on international climate change negotiations under the UNFCCC.
- Climate change negotiations and policy
- International environmental law
|2013 -||Visiting Professor, University College London|
|2012 - 13||Special Advisor to Connie Hedegaard, EU Commissioner for Climate Action|
|2010 - 13||Portfolio Manager, Children's Investment Fund Foundation|
|2003 - 09||Senior Research Fellow, Institute of Development Studies, University of Sussex|
|1992 - 2002||Director, Climate Change and Energy Programme, Foundation for International Environmental Law and Development|
- A Future for International Climate Politics: Durban and Beyond, with others, November 2011
- The Global Climate Change Regime: A Time for Consolidation or Fundamental Reform?, with Joanna Depledge, in R. K.Pachauri (ed.), Dealing with Climate Change: Setting a Global Agenda for Mitigation and Adaptation, TERI, India, 2010
- The International Climate Change Regime: A Guide to Rules, Institutions and Procedures, with Jo Depledge, Cambridge University Press, 2004
- Climate Change and Carbon Markets, Editor, Earthscan, UK, 2004
- Climate Change and Development, Institute of Development Studies Bulletin, IDS Brighton, Vol 35, No 3, 2004