Formerly the chief energy engineer at the United Nations Development Programme in Beirut, Jessica has ten years’ experience in the engineering field.
Since 2008, she has worked on paving the way for renewable energy in Lebanon through the implementation of different technological solutions and policy schemes to help the Lebanese government reach its targets.
She is a US State Department TechWomen fellow and UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office International Leaders fellow, and has participated in energy missions in various countries.
She has published widely and was recognised by the International Business Times as one of the Top 10 Tech Women in the Middle East and North Africa.
She has a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and a Masters’ Degree in Diplomacy and Strategic Negotiations.
Jessica’s research examines new energy models in the Middle East. Her fellowship is supported by the Asfari Foundation.
- Renewable energy systems and grid integration
- Access to energy
- Energy in the Middle East
- Energy security
|2017||Chief energy engineer, United Nations Development Programme|
|2017||International leaders fellow, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office|
|2015-16||Project coordinator and senior energy engineer, CEDRO IV UNDP|
|2015||Masters’ degree, diplomacy & strategic negotiations|
|2008-14||Energy engineer, CEDRO Project, UNDP|
|2012||TechWomen fellow, US State Department|
|2007||Bachelor degree, electrical engineering, Lebanese American University|
- You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup: Sustainable Energy for Community Buildings in Refugee-Hosting Areas Moving Energy Initiative (MEI), December 2017
- Energy Delivery Models for Humanitarian Assistance CEDRO Exchange, Issue 25, UNDP Lebanon, May 2017
- Techno-Financial Appraisal of Roof-Top PV Systems: The Case of Lebanon CEDRO Report, UNDP Lebanon, January 2016
- Bursting the Bubble: Shale Gas Impact on Natural Gas Exports in GCC The Energy Collective, November 2014
- Living in Dilemma: LNG in the Middle East The Energy Collective, May 2014
- Concentrated Solar Plants Potential in Lebanon with Felix Téllez and Charbel Karam, CEDRO Exchange, Issue 7, UNDP Lebanon, May 2013