Joanne Foakes is a Barrister of the Inner Temple and former Legal Counsellor of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. She has expertise in Public International Law including international organisations, international immunities, and the relation of Municipal and International Law.
Among various publishing interests, she has acted as consultant editor for the International Relations Law title in the 5th edition of Halsbury's Laws of England.
- Public International Law
- International Immunities
- Relation of Municipal and International Law
- International Organisations
|1995 - 2008||Legal Counsellor, Foreign and Commonwealth Office|
|1991 - 1995||Seconded as Deputy Principal Crown Counsel, Hong Kong Government /member of Sino-British Joint Liaison Group|
|1984 - 1991||Assistant Legal Adviser, Foreign and Commonwealth Office|
|1979 - 1984||Barrister/University teaching|
- Foreign Affairs in National Courts: The Role of the Executive Certificate Chatham House Briefing
- State Immunity: Recent Developments and Prospects Chatham House Briefing
- International Criminals: Extradite or Prosecute? Chatham House Briefing
- Immunity for International Crimes? Developments in the Law on Prosecuting Heads of State in Foreign Courts Chatham House Briefing