Katinka Barysch is an analyst and commentator on economic and political developments in Europe.
She is currently the director of political relations at Allianz SE in Munich, where she provides risk, trend and policy analysis and manages Allianz’s strategic partnerships – a position she’s occupied since September 2013.
From 2001 to 2013, Katinka was first chief economist then deputy director of the Centre for European Reform. She has also worked as an analyst and editor for The Economist Intelligence Unit and as an adviser to several European governments, the European Commission, the House of Lords and various multinational companies and financial institutions.
She is a World Economic Forum Young Global Leader, a member of the Global Future Council on International Security, a David Rockefeller fellow of the Trilateral Commission, strategic adviser to the chairman of the Munich Security Conference and an associate fellow with the Europe Programme at Chatham House.
- Political risk
- European politics and economics
|2013 -||Director of Political Relations, Allianz|
|2001-13||First Chief Economist; then Deputy Director, Centre for European Reform|
|1997-2001||Senior Analyst and Editor, The Economist Intelligence Unit|
- Italy’s referendum: Short-term outlook and long-term implications Allianz Trend Watch, 27 October 2016
- Europas Integration – nicht Selbstzweck, sondern Mittel zum Zweck Böll Thema, 29 September 2016
- European Capital Markets Union: Turning point in EU financial regulation? Allianz Trend watch, March 2016
- Is the migration crisis a threat or an opportunity for Europe The Agenda, 23 February 2016
- UK: And now for the referendum Allianz Newsline, 22 February 2016