Anand Menon is Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs at Kings College London, Director of the UK in a Changing Europe and Associate Fellow on the Europe Programme at Chatham House.
Prior to this, he was Professor of West European Politics and founding Director of the European Research Institute at the University of Birmingham.
He was also Lecturer in European Politics and Fellow of St Antony’s College, Oxford and has held visiting positions at New York University, Columbia University and the Université Libre de Bruxelles. He is co-editor of the journal West European Politics.
He has written widely on many aspects of EU politics and policy and on UK-EU relations. He is a frequent contributor to the media on matters relating to British relations with the EU.
Areas of expertise
- European Security and Defence Policy (ESDP)
- Institutions and policies of the EU
- British and French foreign policies
|2015 -||Director, the UK in a Changing Europe|
|Professor of European Politics and Foreign Affairs, King’s College London|
|Professor of West European Politics, University of Birmingham|
|1993-2001||Lecturer, University of Oxford|
- Brexit: initial reflections International Affairs 4 November 2016
- British Security Policy - the US or the EU?: Choose Your Partners The World Today 1 July 2010
- From crisis to catharsis: ESDP after Iraq International Affairs 1 July 2004
- Between Faith and Reason: UK Policy Towards the US and the EU Chatham House Briefing 20 July 2010