Soren's research focuses on promoting transparency and accountability in extractive industries, the revenue side of public financial management and fiscal revenue diversification in resource rich African countries.
Soren has worked extensively on Angola, in addition to other countries in southern Africa and the Gulf of Guinea.
He has a Masters in International Development Studies and Public Administration from Roskilde University, Denmark, and completed Postgraduate Diploma courses in Public Financial Management from the Centre for Financial & Management Studies at SOAS.
- Public financial management
- Extractive industries
- Taxation and revenue management
- Transparency and accountability
- Pro-poor policies and strategies
- Lusophone Africa
|2008 -||Owner, Independent Policy Analysis|
|2004-07||Programme Manager, CRS/CIDSE, Luanda, Angola|
|2002-04||Poverty and Structural Adjustment Analyst, Eurodad, Brussels, Belgium|
|2003 and 2004||Consultant (seconded), IMF’s Independent Evaluation Office, Washington DC|
- Angola Prepares for Life After Dos Santos 20 February 2017
- Can the IMF Help Angola Deepen Its Reform Agenda? 15 April 2016
- Angolan President’s Surprise Announcement Will Shake Up the Country’s Politics 11 March 2016
- Angola Can Mark 40 Years Since Independence with Bold Economic Reforms 11 November 2015
- Angola in a State of Flux With Oil Plunge and dos Santos’ Plan to Step Down World Politics Review, 20 May 2016
- Reforms of the Angolan budget process and public financial management: Was the crisis a wakeup call? Søren Kirk Jensen and Francisco Miguel Paulo, CMI Report, R 2011: 7
- The non-oil tax reform in Angola …on track or losing momentum? Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, Søren Kirk Jensen and Francisco Miguel Paulo, Angola Brief, Vol 4, No. 2, 2014
- Poor revenue forecasting - a major challenge for sound fiscal policy in Angola Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, Søren Kirk Jensen and Francisco Miguel Paulo, Angola Brief, Vol. 4, No. 1, 2014
- Reforming the personal income tax system in Angola: An alternative proposal Odd-Helge Fjeldstad, Søren Kirk Jensen and Francisco Miguel Paulo, CMI Insight, No. 3, 2014