Before joining Chatham House, Stanislav was a research fellow at the Center for Caucasian and Central Asian Studies at the Institute of Oriental Studies of Russian Academy of Science.
During this time there, his research interests covered the political and economic development of the Caspian Sea, Central Asia, and the South Caucasus countries, the relationships between CIS countries and Russia, the USA, China etс, energy policy in the Eurasian region, the Caspian Sea legal status negotiations, and internal political processes in Iran, Azerbaijan and the countries of Central Asia.
Stanislav received his PhD on The International Legal Status of the Caspian Sea and Strategic Interests of the Russian Federation in the Region in 1991-2011 from the Institute of Oriental Studies in 2012.
Since April 2015 Stanislav has regularly taken part in the OSCE-led missions as an election observer. He has also lectured at the Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy in Baku, Tehran State University, Allameh Tabayaba’i University (also in Tehran), and the Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University in Bishkek.
Since June 2013 Stanislav has been an executive partner of the Expert Centre for Eurasian Development (ECED), an independent and consulting group of experts based in Moscow.
Stanislav’s fellowship is supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung, and his research focus is the Russian approach to the conflict over Nagorny Karabakh.
- Political and economic development of the Caspian Sea, Central Asia, and the South Caucasus
- Relations between FSU countries and the West, China etс
- Energy policy in the Eurasian region
- Caspian Sea legal status negotiations
- Internal political processes in Iran, Azerbaijan and Central Asia
|April 2015-present||International election observer, OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights (Short term observer)|
|June 2013-present||Executive partner, Eurasian Development|
|April 2016-present||Head of analytical group, Central Asia and Caucasus Research Centre, Oriental Studies Institute, Russian Academy of Science|
Research fellow, Central Asia and Caucasus Research Centre, Oriental Studies Institute of Russian Academy of Science
|2006-10||Correspondent and observer, Nezavisimaya Gazeta (Russia), Independent Commonwealths States Observer magazine (Russia), Eurasianhome magazine (Russia), Izvestia-Azerbaijan newspaper (Azerbaijan), APN-Kazakhstan – analytical portal (Russia), Oasis (Central Asian Issues magazine).|
- Bigtime Problems - The Caspian Sea in Global Limelight Russia in Global Affairs, vol 1, Feb 2016
- The Course of South Stream Russian International Affairs Council, Dec 2014
- An Uzbek Transition for Kazakhstan? The Diplomat, Jan 2017
- Ranking the Central Asian States as Investment Destinations The Diplomat, April 2017
- A smooth transition? Uzbekistan without Karimov European Leadership Network, September 2016