The United Arab Emirates Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in collaboration with Chatham House, convened the third annual Sir Bani Yas Forum from 16-18 November 2012 at the Qasr al Sarab Desert Resort at the Liwa Oasis in Abu Dhabi.
Participants debated the changing strategic landscape in the Middle East and beyond. This document brings together a series of background papers that were prepared by independent Chatham House researchers to inform the discussions and stimulate debate on the following themes:
- The Future of Palestine and the Middle East Peace Process
- The Future of US Policy – Implications for the Region
- The Evolving Role of Gulf Leadership
- Syria and its Neighbours: the New Political Balance
- Pakistan: at the Crossroads?
- Prospects for Political Islam