Smart and Fair: Recognizing Women's Role in Our Economic Future
The annual International Policy Forum provides a space for a constructive dialogue to explore innovative policy ideas for the G20. In 2016, discussions informed the preparation of an Action Plan for the G20 which provided a policy framework for gender-inclusive growth, offered actionable policy recommendations for the G20 and supported the engagement of the W20 with the G20 chair and member states. The 2017 forum will continue its work with a view to providing an update to the 2016 Action Plan.
The themes addressed at the International Policy Forum 2017 will include:
- Multilateral initiatives: developments and achievements in 2016-17
- G20 reforms to meet the Brisbane '25 by 25' commitment
- Living with legacies, changing habits and disrupting the norms
- Gender-responsive policies: investing in women for women
- Financial inclusion and access to finance
- Women’s inclusion in the digital economy
- Entrepreneurship, trade and procurement
- Preparing for the jobs of tomorrow
Attendance at this event is by invitation only.