This event launches Brexit and Energy Law: Implications and Opportunities, a book edited by Ana Stanič and Silke Goldberg, which provides a comprehensive analysis of the impact of Brexit on the energy sector in the UK and in the European Union.
The discussion draws on important and interrelated questions arising from the book such as:
- Under what terms will energy trading between the EU and UK now take place?
- What access will the UK have to EU energy markets?
- What does Brexit mean for the security of energy supply?
- What does the UK’s departure from Euratom mean for nuclear research?
- Can the cross border single energy market (SEM) on the island of Ireland continue following Brexit?
- What implications does Brexit have for renewables, the environment and climate change?
Brexit comes at a time when the European energy sector is undergoing processes of decarbonization and energy transition. This event offers attendees an in-depth understanding of the interplay between these challenges and Brexit.