Helena Legido-Quigley is an associate professor at the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health and has a joint position with the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.
She has conducted research on health policy and health systems in Europe, Sub-Saharan Africa and currently with a focus on Southeast Asia. Specific areas of expertise include quality of health care, chronic conditions, and migrant and refugee populations. Her latest research focuses on the impact of the financial crisis and austerity measures on health and the future of the global health architecture.
Her work has been published in peer reviewed journals such as the Lancet, British Medical Journal and PLOS Medicine. It has also been widely covered in International media including The Times, The Economist, the Financial Times and the Huffington Post.
- The governance of the global health architecture and the health architecture in South East Asia
- The effect of the financial crisis and austerity measures on health and healthcare systems
- Health systems research on chronic conditions and integration of services
- One health approach and antimicrobial resistance
- Health care experiences of migrant and refugee populations
Associate Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
|2012-15||Lecturer in Global Health, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine|
|2010-12||Research Fellow, Department of Health Services Research and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine|
Research Fellow, Department of Health Services Research and Policy, London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
|2002-03||Research Officer, Institute for Development Policy and Management, University of Manchester|
Spanish National Radio, National Television in Spain (La Sexta).
- Spanish, English and Catalan (all broadcast standard)
- Hasan N, Curran S, Jhass A, Poduval S, Legido-Quigley H, Crisp N. 'The UK's strong contribution to health globally'. Lancet 2015; 386(9989): 117-8.
- Legido-Quigley H, Otero L, la Parra D, Alvarez-Dardet C, Martin-Moreno JM, McKee M. 'Will austerity cuts dismantle the Spanish healthcare system?' BMJ 2013; 346: f2363.
- Legido-Quigley H, Urdaneta E, Gonzalez A, et al. 'Erosion of universal health coverage in Spain.' Lancet 2013; 382(9909): 1977.
- Piot P, Abdool Karim SS, Hecht R, Legido-Quigley H. et al. 'Defeating AIDS--advancing global health.' Lancet 2015; 386(9989): 171-218.
- Poduval S, Howard N, Jones L, Murwill P, McKee M, Legido-Quigley H. 'Experiences among undocumented migrants accessing primary care in the United Kingdom: a qualitative study.' Int J Health Serv 2015; 45(2): 320-33.
- Tam CC, Khan MS, Legido-Quigley H. 'Where economics and epidemics collide: migrant workers and emerging infections.' Lancet 2016; 388(10052): 1374-6.