Yossi Mekelberg is a Professor of International Relations at Regent’s University London, where he is the Head of the International Relations, Social Sciences and Law Programme.
He has been teaching at Regent’s University since 1996, and before that at King’s College, London. Yossi has been with the MENA Programme at Chatham House since 2002, first as an Associate Fellow and more recently as a Senior Consulting Research Fellow.
His fields of expertise include The Politics of the Middles East, Israeli Politics, the Middle East Peace Process, International Relations theory and US foreign policy towards the region.
For four years he wrote a weekly column for the Al-Arabiya network before moving to write twice a week for Arab News. He is also a member of the Human Rights Watch London Committee.
In addition Yossi is a regular contributor to international media on a variety of international affairs issues.
- The Politics of the Middle East
- Israeli Politics
- Middle East Peace Process
- US foreign policy towards the Middle East
|2016 - present||Head of International Relations, Social Sciences and Law Programme Regent’s University, London|
|2008 - 2016||Director, International Relations and Social Sciences, Regent’s University London|
|2013 - present||Professor of International Relations, Regent’s University, London|
|1996 - 2013||Lecturer and Principal Lecturer in International Relations, Regent’s University, London|
|1994 - 1996||Visiting Lecturer, King’s College London|
- Mixing a Cuba libre The World Today
- How the assassination of Rabin spelt the end of the peace process The World Today
- Diaspora, kinship and loyalty: the renewal of Jewish national security International Affairs
- Unrest in Jerusalem Encapsulates the Ills of Israel and Palestine 26 July 2017
- The Quiet Death of the Two-State Solution 20 April 2016
- What If Rabin Had Not Been Assassinated? 02 November 2015
- Israel's Elections: A Country at a Watershed 20 January 2013
- Middle East Talks: a Success for Obama but what Chance of Real Progress? 20 May 2011
- The Israeli status quo approach is up in flames Al Arabiya
- To Israelis and Palestinians, peace should be the ultimate revenge Al Arabiya
- Israel’s Reuvan Rivlin and the Mideast peace process Al Arabiya
- Jerusalem: one city, two capitals for two people Al Arabiya
- Palestinian reconciliation in the shadow of Israeli threats Al Arabiya
- Mideast dialogue in need of Pope Francis’ blessing Al Arabiya
- I spy with my little eye… something beginning with U(S) Al Arabiya
- Israel at 66 – The time for self-reflection is now Al Arabiya