- Reinstates a rule prohibiting federal funding to international NGOs which provide or talk about abortion services.
- Withdraws from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, a 12-nation trade agreement that was the cornerstone of Obama’s Asia policy.
- Institutes a hiring freeze for the federal employees except the military.
- Signs orders to expedite construction of the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, halted during the Obama administration over environmental concerns.
- Orders the US government to begin construction of a wall along the border with Mexico and insists Mexico will pay for it in the long term.
- Directs Homeland Security and Justice departments to withhold federal funds from US ‘sanctuary cities’ which do not cooperate with Washington on immigration.