The Chatham House Gender and Growth Forum is an annual forum which brings together a committed group of action-oriented policymakers, business leaders, entrepreneurs, activists and academics to generate key policy ideas and support the work of the Women 20 (W20) and other international forums.
The central idea behind the forum this year is about finding solutions to re-shape the world of work so that it works not only for women but for society as a whole.
Key themes of the 2019 forum include:
- Progress to date and challenges ahead in light of geopolitical shifts around the world.
- Creating a work environment that works for all.
- Entrepreneurship: identifying practices which bring direct benefits to women-owned/led businesses.
- Leadership: strategies to empower women and girls to be agents of change.
- Investing in the ‘silver economy’
- Technology: leveraging technology to drive inclusion and change lives, women influencing the digital revolution and harnessing the power of financial and digital inclusion for micro, small and medium enterprises.
- The imperative of cultural changes.