Haid Haid is a Syrian columnist and researcher who focuses on security policies, conflict resolution, Kurdish and Islamist movements. Prior to that, he was a programme manager on Syria and Iraq at the Heinrich Böll Stiftung-Middle East Office in Beirut. He also worked as a senior community services-protection assistant at UNHCR- Damascus office. He has a BA in Sociology, a post graduate diploma in counseling, an MA in social development and has just completed another MA in conflict resolution at King's College.
- Conflict resolution
- Security policies
- Islamist movements
- Syrian Kurds
|2012-15||Program Manager, Heinrich Böll Stiftung - Beirut Office|
|2007-12||Team Leader, UNHCR - Damascus Office|
|2003-06||Research Assistant, Research and Strategic Studies Centre - Aleppo|
BBC, Channel 4, Vice News, Al Jazzera English, France 24. TRT World.
- Arabic (broadcast)
- English (broadcast)
- Why are rebel attacks against ISIS not successful? Now, May 2016
- What’s next for Jabhat al-Nusra if they sever ties with Al-Qaeda? Now, July 2016
- Internally displaced Syrians facing new challenges Now, June 2016
- 'The Syrian President is Being Made in Lebanon? Rumours and the Syrian Presidential Election in Lebanon', Perspectives, Issue 7, November 2014, 9-13
- 'Female Syrian Refugees - Violating Rights in the Name of Protecting Women', Perspectives, Issue 6, December 2013, 52-57