Chris's research focuses on the political economy of southern Africa, with particular focus on South Africa, Swaziland and Zimbabwe.
He holds a MA in international relations from the University of Cape Town.
- The Domestic and External Implications of Zimbabwe’s Economic Reform and Re-engagement Agenda Research paper
- Book reviews: International Relations theory International Affairs
- Swaziland: Southern Africa's Forgotten Crisis Chatham House Report
- South Africa Left in Limbo By Landmark Election Results 11 August 2016
- ANC Manifesto Launch Can’t Cover Party Cracks 18 April 2016
- Swaziland: US Increases the Economic Pressure for Reform 04 July 2014
- South Africa’s Elections: A Hollow Victory for the ANC? 06 May 2014
- Monarchy and Change in Swaziland 18 September 2013
- South Africa’s political crisis: unfinished liberation and fractured class struggle Book Review, International Affairs, 92: 5 (2016)
- Inside South Africa’s foreign policy: diplomacy in Africa from Smuts to Mbeki Book Review, International Affairs, 90: 6 (2014)
- Swaziland: Southern Africa's Forgotten Crisis with Alex Vines and Markus Weimer, Programme Report, September 2013