Our work examines the impacts of emerging technologies, conflict prevention and international obligations on security policies worldwide. We use a multi-disciplinary approach that includes resilience and human security in our analytical frameworks. Our analysis contributes to international negotiations, regional security measures and national security and defence decisions.
We draw on the experience of our expert staff and team of associate fellows, and work with partners based around the world. We produce accessible, innovative and inclusive events and publications, focusing on the most important international security issues of our time. Our work incorporates the Chatham House centenary goal of promoting peaceful and thriving societies.
Follow us on Twitter.
- Publishing high quality, policy relevant research and analysis;
- Providing space for sharing innovative ideas and for frank, cross-stakeholder conversations;
- Engaging with political processes, policymakers, industry decision-makers and influencers;
- Providing in-depth, plain-speaking analysis for the media and the public.
We categorise our work into three research pillars:
- International Security, Defence and Governance
- Science, Technology and Security
- Society and Security
Explore our related projects below.