The Programme publishes research on overlooked and underestimated issues in the region. Our methodology provides new frameworks to understand ground realities and related policy implications.
- Convening discussions with regional experts in policy, academia, business and civil society;
- Publishing research, commentary and analysis in English and Arabic;
- Briefing and contributing to specialized policy forums in the UK and abroad;
- Contributing to media coverage of the Middle East and North Africa.
- The rise of hybrid actors in regional power struggles, and their challenge to state power;
- Interconnected political economic networks and their impact on conflict dynamics:
- The centrality of statebuilding to conflict dynamics and resolution;
- The impact of regional actors in regional conflicts and geopolitics;
- Citizen mobilization and its links to conflict with state institutions and elite stakeholders.