This project developed an open and expanding network of young regional researchers and commentators to generate fresh thinking on policy, focusing on ways to manage political and economic changes with a minimum of conflict.
Key research themes included:
- How economic changes are altering the traditional social contract;
- Links between political and economic reform;
- Citizenship and political participation;
- National and transnational identities and Islamisms;
- The Gulf role in regional conflicts and aid;
- Drivers and possible remedies for tensions with Iran;
- Emerging security challenges.
Please note this project was previously named Future Trends in the GCC.